There is only one person in this world that has the ability to stop you from being successful: you. It’s surprisingly easy to keep yourself from succeeding by doing any of these:
- Setting unrealistic goals for yourself.
- Underestimating your capabilities based on your current work instead of understanding your current capabilities.
- Not creating systems for yourself to excel over time and allowing yourself to get stuck in what you do today.
- Not setting any goals for yourself.
- Not being willing to accept that you can succeed and do better for yourself.
- Letting others dictate your path.
- Trusting in luck to get you through instead of trusting in yourself.
- Not creating strong relationships with people you can actually trust.
- Trusting people who are not worthy of your trust.
- Stopping too early.
It’s never too late to start on your path but it can be too early to quit. Focus on you. Who you are, what you are good at, and what you want from your life. Don’t let the success others seem to have on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites influence your definition of your own success. I’ve never met two people with the exact same goals and dreams for themselves.